Click to expand on experience
- Researched cumulus cloud development in the Caribbean
- Graduated with a B.S. in meteorology in May 2004.
October 2016-Current IBM Watson Advertising New York, NY
- Run all aspects of the IBM WEATHERfx product
- Provide direct support to FAA System Operations
- Participate in Collaborative Decision Making (CDM) Weather Evaluation Team (WET) meetings as a subject matter expert.
- Evaluate the accuracy of the Automated Winter Weather Dashboard (AWWD) as a tool for alerting airport planners to adverse condition during winter weather events.
- Attend daily operational briefings on the control floor at the FAA’s Air Traffic Control System Command Center (ATCSCC)
- Conduct research and analyze Air Traffic Management (ATM) actions, decisions, and the impacts of weather and weather forecasts on the NAS.
- Advised engineers on climactic conditions at potential project sites around the world
- Frequently visited sites to maintain weather towers.
- Analyzed large data sets collected at multiple utility scale solar PV sites, ranging in size from 5MW to 80MW.
- Worked closely with instrumentation engineers on placement of sensors throughout the large PV power plants.
- Developed new meteorological station mast for use in FS plants.
- Regularly worked with MATLAB, PVSyst, and MSSQL.
- Monitored weather conditions across the globe and alerted a wide range of clients (retail, investors, snow removal companies, etc) to changing weather conditions.
- Analyzed long range weather forecasts (10 days through one year) and reported information to a number of clients in fields from retail to investors.
- Developed tools to increase productivity and automate repeated tasks. I was able to cut time needed for analysis by 75% keeping employee headcount low.
- Developed a web-based tool using to perform a multiple regression analysis of retail sales to several weather variables.
- Frequently coded using Perl, PHP, MySQL, HTML with occasional coding in Fortran
- Created and published meteorological maps using ArcMap.
January 2005 University of Wyoming Laramie, WY
Graduate Research Assistant during the RICO field campaign
- Planned and executed the King Air flight plan during the student flight.
- Flew in and operated instruments in the Wyoming King Air and the NCAR C-130 research aircraft.
Winter 2004 Millersville University Millersville,PA
Lead Student Researcher
- Led group of students in particulate study funded by MANE-VU.
- Was in charge of scheduling and training other students on the many different instruments used in the project.
- Made wind, precipitation, cloud base height and pollution forecasts to determine which days were acceptable for the goals of the project.
Member of the American Meteorological Society (AMS) sub-committee on renewable energy. (Jan 2012 – Present)
Member of the local and national American Meteorological Society
- Vice President of the SE Wyoming Chapter of the AMS (2005-06)
Graduate Student Representative for the University of Wyoming Engineering Fund for Enrichment (UWEFE)
- Graduate Student representative
- Voted on how money from the enrichment fund was dispersed